NZ SPIRIT FESTIVAL FAQ’s
"To enrich holistic hauora/wellbeing; passionately grounded in indigenous wisdom"
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
- Your safety is our greatest priority
- There are trained First Aid personnel at the Info Tent at all times
- NO FIRES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES: TOTAL AREA FIRE BAN
- Please report the sighting of any fires to the Info Tent ASAP
- Lost children are to be brought to the Info Tent
- No vehicles on site
- No glass on site
- Full Festival Passes and Single Day Passes will be available for purchase at the gate at slightly more expensive price points: Full Festival Passes will be $180 and Single Day Passes $120
- Any one not wearing a wristband will be escorted off the Festival site
- Day passes will be available for purchase at the Festival gate
- They can be pre-purchased online ($80-100) or bought at the gate ($120) to honour those who were early supporters of the event
- For the Day Passes, entry is from 8am until 9pm of the chosen day. They do not include camping/accommodation
- Please respect the fact that this is an alcohol-free environment and do not bring it on site
- Vehicle checks will be in place on arrival and all alcohol will be confiscated
- NZ Spirit Festival is an all-weather event and will go ahead rain or shine
- Whilst every effort has been made to accommodate changes in the weather, we suggest bringing a variety of water-proof and sun-proof clothing in case of any surprises!
- Come prepared for your stay with everything that you need:
- Your ticket includes a camping space but you will need to provide your own tent - and/or campervan, mattress, blankets, and everything else you need
- Please camp within the areas identified on the site map
- Be friendly, cooperative and cozy with your new neighbours
- All sites are unpowered so please be prepared
- Campervan Parking area does NOT permit tents next to the campervans
- You will be able to leave the Festival grounds by vehicle if you need however, due to the venue layout, pass-outs are not encouraged
TOILETS & SHOWERS:
- There are toilets dotted around the venue
- There are no shower facilities at this Festival. We suggest bringing what you need for personal hygiene and stopping at the beautiful nearby beach on the way out
- There are no communal cooking facilities so please come prepared with your own mini set-up (please note the fire ban).
- We have an incredible array of food, coffee/chai, ice-cream and smoothie vendors selling late night chais, ice cold kombucha, delicious vegan burgers and more!
- This is a waste free event
- Limit what potential waste you bring
- You are encouraged to take all of your own waste away with you when you leave
- You will need to bring your own plate, cup, cutlery to reuse throughout the Festival. There will be some for hire too.
- Please have these printed or downloaded on your phone and ready when you come to the Festival gate
- Eftpos facilities and cash accepted for tickets purchased at the door
- Please note that there is no door name list - so you will be turned away/asked to buy another if you do not have these ready at the Festival gate
- Please be aware about purchasing tickets other than through the reputable websites is at your own risk and is not suggested by NZ Spirit festival
- NZ Spirit Festival takes no responsibility for those bought as a scam and reserves the right to refuse entry
- As part of our commitment to the environment, you are encouraged to car-pool
- For any car, campervan or house bus parked inside the grounds a CAR PARK PASS is required
- There is a limited number of Car and Campervan/House-Truck Park Passes available
- Car Park Passes must be purchased prior to the Festival
- This pass must be displayed on the windscreen of all cars parked in the Festival grounds car park.
- Please note that those who intend to sleep in their car will still require a Car Park Pass
- This is designed to reduce the number of cars on site and to reduce our overall greenhouse gas emissions
- Every vehicle entering the festival must have a Car/Campervan/House-Truck Pass which must be presented on arrival at the Front Gate
- We have looked at the leading festivals abroad and found that bringing in the Parking Pass system incentivises carpooling and alternative transport, and is the most effective way to make a positive impact on the environment
- Pre–selling the Parking Pass gives us an opportunity to know how many cars to expect at the festival, ahead of time
- This enables us to create the best access and parking facilities for the numbers that are coming
- Some vendors have Eftpos facilities, however, ensure that you come with cash for the Healing Zone and the Market-Place
- There is no charge for the musical performances, all of the workshops, Whanau Zone and the ceremonies
- Please bring photo ID for children’s wristbands if they are under 12 years old but look older to avoid confusion at the gate
- This is a family-friendly event where kids are welcome. Please be mindful of their presence and celebrate their ability to be free-range with us
- Children 11 years and younger get in for FREE. 12 years and older require a ticket.
MUSIC AND NOISE:
- This is an experiential festival where workshops, self evolvement and growth are prioritised in this powerful time of year. Therefore, all amplified music will stop at 1am each night
- Bring musical instruments from home for our open mic stage, village jams and campsite impromptu music sessions
- This will operate each day with a series of activities, classes and a chill out space for you and your children
- Please note that you remain responsible for your children at all times and that the Whanau Zone is not a Drop-Off Zone where you drop responsibility. There will, however, be times where this is available within a set time frame and you are welcome to utilise this!
- Vendors, art team, volunteers and presenters welcome on site from 28th Feb
- Gates officially open 11am on Friday 1st March for Festival-attendees
- Official opening ceremony/powhiri at 3pm on Friday 1st March
- Gates close 9pm every night and re-open at 7:30am each day
- Festival closing ceremony 4pm on Sunday 3rd February and Festival attendees to exit by 6pm
- Please arrive early when attending workshops, as spaces are limited and numbers will be capped
- No video recording (other than official media team) is to be permitted during the workshops
CHECKLIST - TO BRING:
- Printed/downloaded to your phone Festival ticket
- Parking Park Pass - needed for ALL VEHICLES
- ID for children aged 11 years and under but look older
- Yoga Mat (these will be available for sale)
- Medication (if necessary)
- Plate, cup and cutlery (please note food vendors will require you to bring these when serving)
- Reusable water bottle to fill up from the water stations on site. Please note this water is not town supply and is naturally filtered and pure - woohoo!
- Tent/campervan/house bus
- Sleeping bag
- Shoes/boots/or none ;)
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Warm jumper for the evenings
- Waterproof jacket (just in case)
- This will be the place to head to if you have any queries at all throughout the Festival!
- They will be able to point you in the right direction :)
The NZ Spirit Team!